Personal Data Notice for Customers
Collection and Security of Personal Data
This Notice is issued pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. The main purpose of this notice is to make you better understand the reasons and purposes for the collection of personal data by Workmart Digital Sdn Bhd [“WorkMart Digital”] ("the Company" or "we" or "us") as well as the Company's commitment to ensure that your data is securely processed and kept. We believe that our customers have an expectation to understand how their personal data is handled. It is a part of our Company's values that all personal data and privacy of our customers are treated with care and respect. The security of your personal data is important to us.
As our valued customer, we would like you to understand that in connection with your commercial dealings with the Company, it is necessary for the Company to collect and process data about yourself and/or your business entity. We, therefore, hope that you will spend some time going through this notice.
Nature of Personal Data We Process
The personal data that we collect in relation to you may include but is not limited to the following:
- Personal information such as name, date of birth, age, identification card number, passport number, driver's license;
- Contact information including telephone/facsimile number and email address;
- Customer's transaction details for marketing analysis purposes.
You may at any time inform us if you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us or our related corporations by contacting us directly.
The above description of personal data is merely a general description of the various types of personal data that we collect from various customers. The nature of personal data differs from customer to customer. Depending on the nature of business and circumstances, we may only need to collect and process a more limited form of personal data from certain customers. In other situations, there may be a need to collect more personal data depending upon the nature of the transaction, business and so forth. We do not believe in collecting excessive personal data and what we collect are the essentials that are required to ensure the efficacy of business and transactions.
You may choose whether or not to provide your personal data to us, including sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data may include such things as information on physical or mental health or medical condition, political opinions, religious or other similar beliefs, commission or alleged commission of any offence.
Source of Personal Data
Generally, the personal data that we collect comes directly from you. For instance, when you contact or register with us or enter into any other transaction with us.
Apart from the information provided by you, the Company may obtain personal data on you from various reference checks, background checks or from the various governmental authorities.
Importance of Providing Personal Data
We would like you to understand that it is important for you to provide the necessary personal data to us for the purpose of communication and promotion of our products or partner's offer and for providing convenience to corporate customers, fleet management and managing loyalty program for customers.
The failure to supply your personal data as requested may result in us being unable to continue to provide you with the services and/or products requested. It is also important that the data you have supplied is kept up to date. You should therefore notify us of any changes so that we may update our records.
Purpose of Processing Your Personal Data
The personal data you provide will be collected, held on a computer and/or in online files, used, disclosed and otherwise processed by the Company for the following purposes:
- to facilitate the delivery of services or products and the marketing and promotion of such services or products whether present or future, to you;
- those purposes specifically provided for in any particular service or product offered by the Company;
- conducting marketing and client profiling activities in connection with any services and related products of the Company, and/or our business partners;
- our internal record keeping, maintenance and updating of any information database(s), customer service-related matters and other administrative purposes, including audits, fraud monitoring and prevention.
- to communicate with you, including responding to your enquiries; meeting or complying with any legal, regulatory or statutory requirements relating to our provision of services and products and to make disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, legislation rule, ruling, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular code (collectively "laws") applicable to us;
- research, benchmarking and statistical analysis; and/or
- other reasons that are required or permitted under the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 or other applicable laws.
Other than the above, we do not collect personal data for any other reasons. Should there be a new purpose for the collection of data, we shall inform you accordingly and obtain your concurrence to the same, where necessary.
Confidential and Secure Disclosure of Personal Data
We treat the confidentially of your personal data very seriously, which is of utmost importance to us. Personal Data provided to the Company by you will be kept confidential. However, in certain circumstances, it would be necessary for us to provide or disclose your personal data for purposes stated above to the following categories of persons and where we do so, we would merely disclose data that is necessary for the purpose of such disclosure:
- entities within WorkMart Digital including all related companies, subsidiaries, and associated companies;
- anybody or person to whom the Company is compelled or required to do so under any laws or in response to any competent or government, state, provincial, local government, statutory or municipal authority, industry regulators, agency or body;
- law enforcement authorities;
- such sub-contractors or third-party service or product providers (an example would be auditors, lawyers, company secretaries, service providers, events and training organisers telecommunications companies, cloud computing or data backup service providers and other advisers).
In addition, where we consider it necessary or appropriate for the purposes of the conduct of business, data storage or processing or customer management, we may transfer your personal data to third-party service or product providers within all countries in which the Company is established, under strict conditions of confidentiality and similar levels of security safeguards.
Data Security & Safeguards
We consider it our responsibility to provide our customers with reasonable protection in respect of their personal data protection. We shall endeavour to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures by the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
Your Rights of Access and Correction
8.1 You have the right to request access to and correction of information about you held by the Company and you may write to us at the address provided below if you wish to:
- check whether the Company holds or uses your personal data and request access to and/or a copy of such data that we retain about you;
- request that the Company correct any of your personal data that is inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date;
- request that the Company cease processing your personal data. However, please note that this may result in us not being able to properly perform or discharge our obligations to you; or
- request that the Company specify or explain its policies and procedures in relation to data and types of personal data handled by the Company.
8.2 The contact to whom written requests for access to personal data or correction and/or deletion of personal data or for information regarding policies and procedures and types of personal data are handled by contacting us at email@example.com.
In the event of any inconsistency or conflict between the English language version and other language versions of this Personal Data Protection Notice, the English language version shall prevail.